(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Mihona is a 'panchayat town' situated in Bhind District of the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. Geographically, the town is located between 26.28° North latitude and 78.98° East longitude at a height of 154 metres (505 feet) above mean sea level. It is located in the eastern part of the Bhind district and is in the north of Lahar at a distance of 13 km. and 15 km. south of Khera. Bhind is located in the southeast of Mihona at a distance of 35 km. and in the east of Gwalior at a distance of 95 km. The nearest airport is at Gwalior and the nearest railway stations are the Datia Railway Station and Orai Railway Station.
According to the Indian Census report of 2001, Mihona had a population of 14, 799. Males account for 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Mihona, 15% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mihona is 65%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 74% and the female literacy rate is 55%.
Prime attractions in and around Mihona include Jain Temples of Baranso, Fort of Gohad, Fort of Ater, and Vankhandeshwar Temple. A short excursion can be made to Orai.