(Last Updated on : 03-02-2009)
Maurawan is a ' panchayat town' located in Unnao district of the northern state of India, Uttar Pradesh. Perched at a height of 121 metres (396 feet) above mean sea level, it is located between 26.43° North latitude and 80.88° East longitude. It is located in the east of Purwa at a distance of 12 kms. The nearest railway station is the Bighapur Railway Station and the nearest railway station is the Amausi Airport. Maurawan has numerous lakes and Soh, a small stream, originates in one of the lakes.
The Census report of India published in 2001, gives a detailed account about the town. According to this report, the population of Maurawan was enumerated to be 14,116. Males account 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Maurawan, 15% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Maurawan is 49% which is much lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 55% and the female literacy rate is 42%.