(Last Updated on : 23-07-2010)
Mau Aima is a ' panchayat town' situated in the Allahabad district of the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is positioned in the north of Allahabad at a distance of 30 kms on the state highway from Allahabad to Faizabad. Chitpalgarh, Raniganj, Siwaith and Sikandra are some of the towns surrounding Mau Aima. The Mau Aima Railway Station on the Delhi-Kolkata rail route is the nearest railway station and the Varanasi airport is the nearest airport.
According to the 2001 Indian Census report of 2001, the population of Mau Aima was enumerated to be 17, 962. To be specific, males account for 52% of the population and females account for the remaining 48%. In Mau Aima, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town in order to provide an idea about the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Mau Aima is 161%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 68% and the female literacy rate is 54%.
The town is mainly dominated by the Julahas, a caste of Muslim weavers and was once a prosperous center for cotton cloths. The historical town of Shringverpur is located at a distance of 12 kms.