(Last Updated on : 23/07/2010)
Manjhanpur is a 'panchayat town' and the seat of administration of Kaushambi district, of the north Indian state, Uttar Pradesh. Situated on the northern bank of Yamuna, it is in the west of the ancient city of Allahabad at a distance of 55 kms. The nearest airport is the Lucknow airport and the nearest railway station is the Sirathu Railway Station. The NH 2 passes a few kilometers away from the town. Geographically, the town is located between 25.53° North latitude and 81.38° East longitude at a height of 90 metres( 295 feet) above mean sea level.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Manjhanpur had a population of 14, 150. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 53% and the female literacy rate comprises of the remaining 47%. In Manjhanpur, 17% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manjhanpur is 55% which is lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 64% and the female literacy rate is 44%.
The city is dotted with numerous temples, which includes Jain temple at Prabhasgiri (Prabhosa), Durga Devi Temple and Kamasin Devi Temple at Gambheerapurab village. Kara and Kaushambi are the neighbouring towns worth visiting.