(Last Updated on : 03-02-2009)
Mandi Dabwali is a city located in the Sirsa district of the northern state of India, Haryana. It is located on the border of Punjab and Haryana and also very close to the Rajasthan border. Mandi Dabwali is located in the north of Sirsa at a distance of 60 km. The nearest airport is at Amritsar and the nearest railway station is the Mandi Dabwali Railway Station on the Hanumangarh - Bathinda line. The NH 10 passes through the city.
As per the Indian Census report published in 2001, Mandi Dabwali had a population of 53,812. Males comprises of 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Mandi Dabwali, 13% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Mandi Dabwali is 65%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 70% and the female literacy rate is 59%.
It is a prominent agricultural market and hence an important trading center for agricultural products, which is a major source of revenue for the city.