(Last Updated on : 03-02-2009)
Manachanallur is a 'panchayat town' located in the Tiruchirapalli district of the southern state of India, Tamil Nadu. Tiruchirapalli, the district headquarters city is located in the south of Manachanallur at a distance of 22 km. The nearest 'access points' are the Srirangam Junction Railway Station and the Tiruchirapalli Airport. It is well connected to Thuraiyur by road.
According to the Indian Census report published in 2001, Manachanallur had a population of 21,503. Males comprise of 49% of the population and females constitute the remaining 51%. In Manachanallur, 11% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Manachanallur is 74%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 80% and the female literacy rate is 69%.
In the vicinity of Manachanallur at a distance of 15 km. there is a prominent pilgrim center, Srirangam. Samayapuram and Gunaseelam are religious destinations in the east and west of Manachanallur respectively. Other attractions in the neighborhood are Sri Bhagavathi Amman Temple, Rock Fort and Mukkombu.