(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
Located in Tonk District of the western state of India, Rajasthan
, Malpura is a prominent city. The city of Tonk is the district headquarters and Malpura is located in its west at a distance of 30 km. Geographically, the town is located between 26.28° North latitude and 75.38° East longitude at a height of 332 metres (1089 feet) above mean sea level. Malpura Railway Station on the Toda Rai Singh-Jaipur railway line is the nearest railway station and the nearest airport is Sanganer Airport.
As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Malpura had a population of 27, 242. Males account for 52% of the population and females account for the remaining 48%.In Malpura, 17% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Malpura is 62% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 73% and the female literacy rate is 50%.
The city is embellished with several Jain temples
. The Adinath Temple is a major landmark of Malpura. The Central Sheep and Wool Research Institute, which conducts research on the various uses of wool is also located here.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||Amusement Parks in Kolkata|
Amusement parks in Kolkata are entertaining the people of Kolkata on Saturdays and Sundays, after having a hectic schedule in weekdays.
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.