(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
Mallasamudram is a 'panchayat town' located in the Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu. It is situated in the northern region of the Namakkal district. Tiruchengode is located at a distance of 15 km. from Mallasamudram. Located en route Salem-Tiruchengode via Attayyampatti, Salem is in the north of Mallasamudram at a distance of 24 km.
The Salem airport is the nearest airport and the Salem Junction Railway Station is the nearest railway station. Geographically, the town is perched at a height of 224 metres (734 feet) above mean sea level and is located between 11.48° North latitude and 78.03° East longitude.
The Indian Census report of 2001 provides detail information about the town. The population of the town has been enumerated to be 17,125. Males account for 51% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 49%. In Mallasamudram,10% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of the town is 62% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 70% and the female literacy rate is 53%.
The Kandhaswami temple at Kalipatti in Mallasamudram is a major landmark.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||Amusement Parks in Kolkata|
Amusement parks in Kolkata are entertaining the people of Kolkata on Saturdays and Sundays, after having a hectic schedule in weekdays.
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.