(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Majholi is a 'panchayat town' located in the Jabalpur District of the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. The administrative headquarters of the district, Jabalpur is located at a distance of 37 km. in the south. Gosalpur surrounds Majholi in the east at a distance of 18 km. and Indrana is in the south at a distance of 11 km. Sirohi lies in the east at a distance of 11 km.
The nearest' access points' are the airport at Jabalpur and the Devri Railway Station. Geographically, this town is located between 23.5° North latitude and 79.92° East longitude at an altitude of 385 metres (1263 feet) above mean sea level.
As per the 2001 Indian Census report Majholi had a population of 11,308. Males constitute 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Majholi, 15% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town which gives an idea about the the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Majholi is 65% which is higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 75% and the femaleliteracy rate is 54%.
The major attractions in the vicinity are the Jain temples at Panagar and the Vishnu Barha Mandir.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.
|• ||Lotus Mahal in Hampi|
Lotus Mahal, also called, Chitragani Mahal and Kamal Mahal, is located in the Zenana enclosure of Hampi. It was built in the Indo-Islamic style. It is believed that the royal women used to come here to mingle during evening.