(Last Updated on : 15/07/2014)
Jubbal is one of the biggest towns situated in the Shimla district of the north Indian state, Himachal Pradesh. Hatkoti, a scenic village is located at a distance of 20 km. from Jubbal. Jubbal is in the east of the state capital Shimla at a distance of 90 km. The nearest railway station and airport is at Shimla. The town is located between 31.12° North latitude and 77.67° East longitude at a height of 1901 metres (6236 feet) above mean sea level.
According to the Indian Census report of 2001, the population of Jubbal has been enumerated to be 1346. To be specific, males account for 59% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 41%. In Jubbal, 10% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Jubbal is 82% which is much higher than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 84% and the female literacy rate is 80%.
In 1830 a French architect designed a beautiful palace in Jubbal, which is a major attraction in the town because it is a unique fusion of European and traditional architecture.