(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Jogbani is a city situated in the Araria district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. This city is located very close to the Indo Nepal border. This city is located in the south of Araria, the district headquarters at a distance of 84 km. Well maintained roads connect the city with Forbesganj and Araria. The nearest railway station is the Jogbani Railway Station on the North East Frontier Railways and the nearest airport is at Patna. The city is located between 26.42° North latitude and 87.25° East longitude at a height of 67 (219 feet) above mean sea level.
As per the Indian census report of 2001, the population of Jogbani has been enumerated to be 29, 962. Males constitute 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Jogbani, 19% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Jogbani is 37% which is lower than the national average literacy rate which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 47% and the female literacy rate is 26%.
Kishanganj in the neighbourhood is well known for the silk industry.