(Last Updated on : 02-02-2009)
Jhorhat is a census town situated in the Howrah district of the eastern state of India, West Bengal. The census report, which came out in 2001, throws some light on the demography of this census town. According to this report, the population of Jhorhat has been enumerated to be 13,301. To be specific male population accounts for 54% of the total population and females comprises of the remaining 46%. In Jhorhat, 8% of the population is less than six years of age. According to this census report, this census town has an average literacy rate of 76%. This is obviously a sign of progression when the national average literacy rate is 59.5%. To be precise, the male literacy rate is 81% and the female literacy rate is 69%.