(Last Updated on : 28/11/2017)
Kharbooja Sherbet is an Indian Sherbet
which is very good for health as it contains a lot of vital nutrients. It cools the body during summers and it is also good for health. Musk Melon is known as Kharbooja in India. Musk melon is one fruit which can be seen plenty during summer. The fruit is sweet by itself and no further addition of sweetener is needed. One melon fruit can easily make two medium glass of juice. Making this juice is very simple; just blend with sugar and serve without adding any water.
Ingredients for Kharbooja Sherbet:
Musk Melon - 250 gms (peeled and chopped into chunks)
Jaggery Powder - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/2 cup
Black Salt as per taste
Few lemon slices for decoration (optional)
Few ice cubes (optional)
1. Peel the musk melon, gently slice the top skin which consists of seeds.
2. Discard the seeds and keep aside. Chop the melons into chunks.
3. Combine melon chunks, jaggery, lemon juice and water into a juicer.
4. Grind until all blends well. Sieve the juice on a mesh strainer.
5. Collect in a vessel.
6. Lastly add black salt. Serve musk melon juice into glasses.
7. Top with lime slices and ice cubes.
Health Benefits of Kharbooja Sherbet
Musk melons are great to beat heat and have lot of fibre. Musk melons are great for health so do include them in the diet
. It also helps in reducing weight
. Musk melon fruit has many health benefits. It is considered great for people suffering from asthma
and high blood pressure
. Musk melon is low in calories, low in saturated fat and low in cholesterol.
This article is a stub. You can enrich by adding more information to it. Send your Write Up to email@example.com