Malkera, Dhanbad, Jharkhand - Informative & researched article on Malkera, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Jharkhand > Malkera
Malkera, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
Malkera is a `census town` located in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand.
 
 Topchanchi LakeMalkera, Dhanbad, JharkhandMalkera is a 'census town' located in Dhanbad District in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Dhanbad, the district headquarters, is located in the east of Malkera at a distance of 18 km. Ranchi; the state capital is located at a distance of 115 km. in the west. The town is well connected to the other important cities and towns in the state because it has a good communication system. The nearest airport is at Ranchi and the nearest railway station is the Malkera Railway Station on the Baghmara Dhanbad rail route and the Gomoh Junction Railway Station. Geographically, the town is located between 23.78° North latitude and 86.3° East longitude at a height of 183 metres (600 feet) above mean sea level.

Detailed information about the town is available from the Indian Census report published in 2001. Malkera had a small population of 9804. While males constitute 54% of the population females account for the remaining 46%. In Malkera, 14% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also throws light on the literacy rate of this 'census town' which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 75% and the female literayc rate is 52%.

This 'census town' is a major mining area in the district. The major tourist destinations in the vicinity of Malkera are Topchanchi Wildlife Sanctuary and Topchanchi Lake.

(Last Updated on : 22/07/2010)
More Articles in Cities of Jharkhand  (76)
 
Hazaribagh  (8)
 
Jamshedpur  (7)
 
Bokaro  (1)
 
Deoghar  (1)
 
Ghatshila  (1)
 
Gomoh  
 
 
Gidi  
 
Godhar  
 
 
 
Bundu  
 
 
Chas  
 
 
Dugda  
 
 
 
Kuju  
 
 
 
Mugma  
 
Kustai  
 
 
Chatra  
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram is a combination of various enticing experiences including savouring of natural beauty, visiting the religious refuges and exploring the diverse aspects of the city.
Botanical Garden and Nature Park
Botanical Garden and Nature Park of Chandigarh shelters and nurtures enormous variety of plants and preserves the natural heritage of India. It is divided into fifteen sections where cultivation and conservation of different species are done.
Sriharikota Island
Sriharikota Island, also called Sriharikot is a barrier island off the coast of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
Kekaya
Kekaya is an ancient city, now Punjab
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary is the abode of a wide variety of Ladakhi animals and plants.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Malkera, Dhanbad, Jharkhand - Informative & researched article on Malkera, Dhanbad, Jharkhand
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.