Preparation of Pazham Pori
The banana slices are dipped in sweetened flour batter and then deep fried in oil. It is a very tasty, fast and easy to make. This snack is often fried in most of the homes and relished by all along with a cup of steaming tea or coffee.
1. Peel the bananas and slit it lengthwise.
2. In a bowl, take flour, rice flour, sugar, baking powder, turmeric powder, cardamom and salt.
3. Blend it nicely by adding the milk and water, and prepare a thick batter.
4. Dip the banana slices in the prepared batter and evenly coat them.
5. Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan.
6. When it is hot, drop the coated banana slices into the oil and deep fry them by turning both sides till golden brown.
7. Take out from the oil and drain the excess oil in a paper napkin.
8. Serve the Pazham Pori hot with a cup of tea.
Instead of rice flour, one can use Semolina as an alternative. It is mainly used to keep the Pazham Pori more crispy. The bananas should be ripe but not overly ripe.
|More Articles in Cuisine of Kerala (7)|