For the Dough
For the Stuffing
1. Sieve the besan, maida, chilli powder, asafoetida and salt together in a bowl.
2. Knead into a stiff dough along with 2 tsp oil and using little water. Keep aside for 30 mins.
3. Now make stuffing by dry roasting coconut, poppy seeds, sesame seeds till it gets nice aroma and colour.
4. Switch off the flame and add in turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin powder and mix well.
5. Add in salt, sugar, chillies, coriander leaves, ginger and some asafoetida and mix well.
6. Remove this in a bowl and allow it to cool down.
7. Divide the dough into equal portions as the stuffing and roll out each portion into a small circle for 2 inch diameter.
8. Rub some water over the top generously.
9. Take a good amount of filling and spread on top. Press with the hands firmly so that the filling sticks to the dough.
10. Now start rolling from one side. Roll firmly and tightly.
11. Arrange all the flutes in a plate and steam for 20 mins.
12. Cool and cut them into 2 cm round discs.
13. Heat the oil in a kadhai to a medium heat and deep fry the vadis till they turn golden brown and crisp. It will take around 10-15 mins.
14. Remove and drain in a paper towel.
15. Serve hot or store in an air tight container.
|More Articles in Namkeen (5)|