The Princely State of Chudesar was bounded by Nangam in the northwest; by the state of Nalia in the north; by the territories of Kamsoli and Jiral in the east; and by the princely state of Rajpipla in the south. The native state was under the administrative control of the Baroda Agency, which was incorporated as a part of the Western India States Agency. Later the territory was merged with the state of Gujarat.
The princely state of Chudesar was claimed by more than one native prince, who were formally addressed as shareholders. There are 18 such shareholders in Vahalabhai Bhag and 4 shareholders in Kesarkhan Bhag, including bhagdars and talukdars. The Gori Rajputs, a cadet branch of the family of Jiral, were the shareholders the territory. Chudesar state was a non- jurisdictionary native state. The rule of male primogeniture, through which the first born or eldest child of the same parents inherited the entire estate of one or both parents, to the exclusion of all others, was not followed in the succession of the throne or gadi of Chudesar state.
The Princely State of Chudesar or Chudeshwar, which was divided into 2 separate branches, paid annual tribute to the princely state of Baroda. According to the Attachment Scheme of 1943, Chudesar state was attached to the princely state of Baroda.
After the withdrawal of the British and the Partition of India on 15th August 1947, the state was acceded to the newly independent Union of India, also known as the Dominion of India. The erstwhile princely state is currently a part of the Indian state of Gujarat.
(Last Updated on : 26-06-2012)
|More Articles in Princely States of India (466)|