(Last Updated on : 28/05/2012)
Judo Federation of India is the body that takes care of all the necessary activities related to Judo. It supports, promotes and encourages all the matters related Judo in India. The primary objectives of Judo federation of India are:
* To broad-base and popularize the game of JUDO in India as well as in the World
* To upgrade the standard of Indian Judo Players, so that they can win more medals in International Judo events
* To strengthen the concept of friendship, mutual understanding and welfare among nations, through Judo
JFI, on its part, has lived up to the obligation and been successful in the development of Judo in India. The officials involved with JFI has worked hard and put great efforts to promote Judo movement in India since 1965, which is an important factor in the campaign to strengthen mutual understanding among States and Nations.
Technical Regulations Stipulated by Sub- Junior National Judo Championships (Boys and Girls)
Contest Rules: The Championships will be played on the basis of the Judo Federation of India (JFI) Contest Rules & Regulations and the Sporting Code and amendments made there to by the JFI from time to time.
: Players who are:
A) All the players must be fall in the respective Age Groups in Calendar Year (January to December)
B) Weighing at least above 25Kg in Boys and above 20 Kg. in Girls will be eligible to compete.
Entries of Names:
Entries by name will be submitted in duplicate in the enclosed form during accreditation
Entry form must be signed and stamped by the President/Secretary of the State Association.
No change or re-arrangement of players will be allowed after the entries are submitted. A player who fails to qualify at any stage will be disqualified and no one else can be substituted in his/her place.
Xerox copy of the age proof of each competitor must be attached along with the entry form. The Age Proof is valid only on the basis of the certificate issued by the Principal of School with Stamp and Character certificate issued by the respective Principal of School, in their Letter-head, which must be contains Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers and the name of Principal.
Players and Officials must bring their latest 2 photographs.
Weights in Judo:
1. A player must exactly fit into his/her weight category and cannot play in a higher or lower weight category. Each competitor shall be allowed upon the scale only once during the official weigh-in. If the player weight is above or below the prescribed limits of that particular weight category, he /she shall be disqualified.
2. No tolerance will be allowed either, above or below the weight category.
3. Weigh-in shall be conducted on the same day on which matches in that category will/are to be played.
: All matches will be of 3 (three) minutes duration.
Conduct of Matches
: Matches will be conducted on knock out cum double repecharge cross play.
: No protests shall be entertained. The decision of the Referee & Judges will be final.
: The following Two Original documents are must for acceptance as proof of age:
a) Original Birth Certificate issued by Municipal / Panchayat or any other concerned Government Authority.
b) Original Certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer, of the respective area, on official letter head.
2. Original Certificate issued by the Principal / Headmaster of the School, mentioning Date of Birth, Father's Name and Class, where the boy/girl is studying, on official letter head of the School, with Photograph of the student, duly attested. The proper address, telephone nos., fax number of the School must be mentioned, in the letter head.
Team Officials In Judo Match
The Referees will be appointed by the Judo Federation only. No team referees allowed.
Where the numbers of players are seven or less, only one Manager-cum Coach will be permitted as a team official.
Where the number of players is more than seven, and less than 12 one Manager and one Coach will be permitted as a team official.
Where the number of players is more than 12, and less than 24 one Manager and Two Coach will be permitted as a team official.
Discipline Laid Down by JFI
Any player and/or officials who by work, action or deed disturb and/or interrupt the smooth and normal conduct of the Championships will be liable for immediate disqualification.