Prof JC Rollo was an Englishman and took the responsibilities as the first President of the Karnataka State Cricket Association. The association was initially housed at in a small room in the pavilion of Central College and the famous cricket personalities like S.A. Srinivasan and M. Chinnaswamy headed the association during the 1950s and 1960s. It was mainly for giving honour to the efforts of M. Chinnaswamy that the KSCA decided to name the cricket stadium in Bengaluru after him as M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. Later M. Chinnaswamy was the Hon. Secretary of the Karnataka State Cricket Association from the years of 1953 to 1978 and he also remained the President till the year of 1990.
Karnataka state played its first Ranji trophy match on Nov 4 1934 against Madras (now Chennai) in state of Tamil Nadu. This was the first ever Ranji trophy game and till date the only Ranji trophy game, which was completed in a single day
Institutional Members of Karnataka State Cricket Association
The following sports clubs have been elected as Institutional members of KSCA:
* Zone - Jawahar Sports Club, Select Cricket Club, Bangalore Cricketers, Malleshwaram United Cricket Club, Swastika Union CC and Mount Joy CC.
* Mysore Zone - National CC.
* Shimoga Zone - Durgigudi SC.
* Tumkur Zone - Tumkur Occasionals.
* Mangalore Zone - Mangalore Sports Club
* Dharwar Zone - Hubli SC
* Raichur Zone - Perfect SC
Officers of Karnataka State Cricket Association
President: Anil Kumble
Secretary: Javagal Srinath