Paras Khaja is easy to make and can be prepared at home. It can be eaten at any time of the day. Many food lovers prefer it for tea time accompaniment in the morning as well as evening. This mouth watering delicacy is also a good idea to serve the guests as a dessert.
Ingredients of Paras Khaja
Ingredients of Syrup
Method of Preparing Paras Khaja
1. Blend non melted ghee into semolina.
2. Add enough water to make soft pliable dough. Cover with a moist clean cloth, cover with lid.
3. Keep aside for four hours.
4. Divide dough into small portions. Each portion should roll out thin Chapathi of 10 inches diameter.
5. Make a paste of corn flour and melted ghee. Apply thinly on each chapati.
6. Using a pizza cutter cut each into 1inch wide strips.
7. Roll each one tightly.
8. Press between both palms gently.
9. Roll lightly to flatten into concentric circles.
10. Heat ghee in frying pan; dip in one at a time.
11. With a ladle, keep pouring the ghee over Khaja from sides.
12. When puffed drain, keep aside on mesh.
13. Make syrup of 2 and 1/2 thread consistency with sugar.
14. Dip fry Khaja into hot syrup, on both sides.
15. Drain carefully and replace on a mesh till cool.
16. Cool completely before storing in container.
Traditional Indian Sweets