Ingredients for Coconut Burfi
Method for Coconut Burfi
1. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat.
2. Add the coconut, sugar, fresh cream and green cardamom powder and cook, stirring continuously, for 15 minutes or till the mixtures turns a golden brown.
3. Remove from the heat and add the powdered sugar and mix.
4. Grease a thali with ghee and pour in the coconut mixture and spread evenly.
5. When it cools cut into diamonds or squares and serve.
Notes for Coconut Barfi
It is important to use freshly grated coconut to make this sweet. The taste and the juices that emanate from the fresh coconut give the special richness to this delicacy. While grating the coconut, make sure not to use the black portion. Some times after adding the coconut and sugar, it becomes hard soon and not able to form barfi. Just sprinkle some water on top of the mixture and reheat it till desired consistency. Sometimes milk powder or condensed milk is also added to the recipe. Make the cuts in barfi before it gets cool down completely or else it will be hard to make cuts.
This mouth-watering sweet can be stored for about a week. This dish can be served to the guests after the main meal to sweeten their mouth.