Ingredients for Parwal Ki Mithai
Ingredients for Filling
1. Wash and peel the Parwal and then cut them from the centre lengthwise. Take out the seeds carefully from the Parwal, so that it is not broken.
2. Heat some water in a saucepan and when the water starts to boil, put the Parwal and baking soda in it. Let them boil for about 3 to 4 minutes and then turn off the heat. Cover the pan with a lid and set it aside for half an hour.
3. After half an hour, strain the water entirely from the Parwal.
4. In another saucepan, add water and sugar and let it boil until it forms a syrup. Stir in continuously so that the sugar gets dissolved in the water properly.
5. Put all the Parwal in the syrup and let it boil till it changes its colour. Turn off the flame, cover the vessel and leave it for 1 hour in the syrup. Let them get sweet.
6. To prepare the filling; put khoya in a wide pan and roast it on a medium flame till it turns light pink in colour. Let it cool down.
7. Once it is done, add ground almonds, cardamom and sugar into the roasted khoya.
8. Take out the Parwal from the syrup and put them on a plate.
9. Now stuff each Parwal with the filling.
10. Put the silver vark and pistachios on top to decorate.
11. Parwal Ki Mithai is ready to be served as a sweet dish after meal and enjoy it with friends and family.