1) It is incorrect to plant any tree touching the building.
2) No decorative flowers or creepers should be planted along the walls of the building.
3) In case vegetables or decorative creepers are to be planted they should be in the open space surrounding the building and definitely on the western side. A bamboo-support is also required. The compound wall or the other walls of the building should not used.
4) As far as possible creepers should not be planted around the building.
5) If a big branch of a tree or creeper is touching the entire wall in the South-East direction the children of that house may suffer. In addition to this it will also lead to loss of wealth and property. If the roots or any other parts of Jaswand, Kanher, rose, red Gulmohar or Audumbar trees touch the South-East wall it will definitely result in clashes or would prove bad for women.
6) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the South-West wall of a building it results in bad dreams for those sleeping in the room in the South-West direction. They cannot have a sound sleep. It may result in different diseases. If the branches of a Mango, Jamun or Pipal tree are touching the South-West wall it results in loss of wealth and happiness from wife is not obtained. If the branches are cut the happiness is obtained to some extent.
7) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the North-West wall it obstructs the progress. It also causes unnecessary enmity. If the branches of Neem, Babul, Ashok or Nilgiri touch the North-West wall, regression is observed among women. Danger of theft also looms on the establishment.
8) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the North-East wall progress of all kinds for the family will come to a standstill. People will face difficulties in having issues and the mental peace will be threatened. If almond, guava, custard apple, banana or coconut tree is touching the North-East wall of the building business is adversely affected and the owner suffers from serious ailments.
9) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper touches the Eastern wall of the building the social position of the head of the family is threatened. If Peepal, Audumbar or Banyan trees are touching the eastern wall obstacles will be observed in progress and reputation will also be at jeopardy.
10) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the western wall of the entire structure the mental health of the head of the family will be disturbed. If a Banyan, Peepal, Mango or Shewga trees are touching the Western wall the religious atmosphere of the house will also be destroyed and it also results in loss of riches.
11) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the Northern wall of the entire structure the head of the family becomes bankrupt. If a rubber plant, Cactus, Shewga, almond or yellow flowered tree touches the North Wall it results in loss of wealth as well as memory.
12) If a big branch of a tree or a creeper is touching the Southern wall there will be clashes, discontentment and illness in the family. If gulmohar, audumbar, pakra or phanas tree touch the south wall it leads to unnecessary enmity and loss of wealth.
The best way to keep the trees at bay is to cut off the branches of trees that touch the buildings. Creepers should also not be allowed to grow by taking the support of the walls.
However in case Gulab, Champa, Chameli plants are grown on the eastern side without touching the walls there will be absolutely no problem at all. Ashok and Nilgiri on the West and a small plant with yellow flowers or a Guava or Custard Apple tree on the North side are also acceptable. On the South Neem, Coconut or an Ashoka tree would be perfect. Thorny trees or Cactus can be planted. Trees, such as, Banana, Lemon or Pomegranate should be strictly avoided. These trees are unfavorable for the children.
The shadow of the trees should not fall on the buildings. Unrequited branches of the trees should be cut in Krishna Paksha in Bhadrapad or Magh under the influence of the constellations Punarvasu, Hasta, Swati, Anuradha, Uttrashadha and Shravan. The trees should be worshipped and asked for pardon before they are cut. Care should be taken that the tree does not fall on the West or the South. It should fall on the East or the North side after cutting.
Tulsi Vrindavan or basil plants should be located in the open space on the Eastern side. Basil plants should not be planted in front of the main entrance. The height of the Tulsi Vrindavan should be 2 to 3 feet. There is also no harm in planting Durva in the open space on the Eastern side.