1. Open space around the building in the east and the north direction are more acceptable than that in the west and the south directions.
2. In the east or north-east corner, there should be a Tulsi Vrindavan. Do not raise the height of this structure more than the plinth level.
3. Swimming tanks, wells, fountains, underground water storage tanks, borings and others should be located in the east or the north directions.
4. In the east or the north directions one is free to construct gardens, lawns, etc. The decorative plants should not be taller than 3 feet.
5. A small water fall of 3-4 feet should be constructed in the east or the north. But do not build them in the north-east or the north-west corners.
6. Swings should be located in the east or the north and they should swing in east or the west directions.
7. There is no harm if pet animals and birds nests are kept in the north-west corner.
8. Benches in the open space should be in the west or the south direction and person should sit facing towards the east or the north.