He completed his Education at Government High School, Raipur in 1922; Phillip's Scholar, Morris College, Nagpur (1926).
1. Mr. Mohammad Hidayatullah, acquired a degree B.A. Nagpur.
2. He was a Barrister-at-Law, O.B.E.in 1946.
3. Judge, Supreme Court from December 1, 1958.
4. B.A. 2nd order of merit Malak Gold Medalist, Trinity College, Cambridge (1927-30), English and Law Tripos.
5. Barrister-at-Law in 1930, President, Indian Majlis, Cambridge (1929).
6. Advocate, Nagpur High Court from 1930 to 1946, Lecturer, University College of Law from 1935 to 1943.
7. He was a Government Pleader from 1942 to 1943, Advocate-General, Central Provinces & Berar from 1943 to 1946.
8. He was Puisne Judge from 1946 to 1954, Hidayatullah was also Chief Justice, Nagpur High Court from 1954 to 1956, Chief Justice, High Court of Madhya Pradesh, from November 1, 1956 to November 28, 1958.
9. He was a Member, of Nagpur Municipal Committee from 1931 to 1933, Nagpur Improvement Trust from 1943 to 1945, Nagpur University Executive and Academic Councils, Court etc.
10. He was the Dean of the Faculty of Law, from 1949 to 1953, Member, Faculty of Law Saugar University, Court Vikram University and Aligarh Muslim University till1954, Member of, Nagpur Bar Council from 1943 to 1946.
11. He was the Chief Commissioner, of Madhya Pradesh Bharat Scouts and Guides from 1950 to 1953, Vice-President. He was Awarded the highest award Silver Elephant in 1950, as Adviser, to International Fellowship of Former Scouts and Guides.
12. He was also Appointed as Chief Justice of India on 25 february,1968. He retired on 16 December,1970.
|More Articles in Indian President (18)|