(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
Lakhna is a small settlement located in the Etawah district of the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Situated on the right bank of the Bhognipur canal it is on the midway between Bharthana and Sahson. Etawah the district headquarters is located at a distance of 18 km. from Lakhna.
The town is surrounded by Sarai Ekdil in the north, Bakewar in the east, and Jagmanpur and Barjan in the south. It is on the south of the Etawah - Auraiya Road at a distance of 3 km. It has good communication facilities, as the Bharthana Railway Station and the C A Kanpur Airport are located in the vicinity. Geographically, the town is located between 26.65 degree North latitude and 79.15-degree East longitudes at a height of 143 metres (469 feet) above mean sea level.
The Census report of India of 2001 states, that Lakhna has an average literacy rate of 69%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Gender wise, the male literacy rate is 73% and the female literacy rate is 64%. The population of Lakhna has been enumerated to be 10452. To be specific, males constitute 52% of the population while females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Lakhna, 15% of the population is less than six years of age.
Lakhna is famous the temple of Kalka Devi.
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
|• ||History of Chennai|
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu and is India`s fourth largest city. History of Chennai encompasses the events of the south Indian history, colonialism and then the massive growth of the city during the 20th century.
Kiriburu is situated in the state of Jharkhand. Kiriburu is a residential locale in West Singhbhum district and is situated at a height of 4,300ft from man sea level. It is one of the twin hill stations along with Meghahatuburu.
Unakoti is an archaeological venue in Tripura. This spot also has the importance of pilgrimage tourism. It is a Shaivite place of offering worships with idols and rock-cut images of Lord Shiva and other Hindu deities.
|• ||Lal Mahal|
Lal Mahal of Pune is one of the most famous monuments of Pune. It was built during the rule of Marathas. Shivaji stayed there for many years until he had captured his first fort.
|• ||Lotus Mahal in Hampi|
Lotus Mahal, also called, Chitragani Mahal and Kamal Mahal, is located in the Zenana enclosure of Hampi. It was built in the Indo-Islamic style. It is believed that the royal women used to come here to mingle during evening.