(Last Updated on : 22/01/2015)
Hill Stations of Chhatisgarh
includes the hill stations like Chirmiri, Ambikapur and Bilaspur
. Tourism in Chattisgarh has many dimensions in hill stations. From prehistoric caves, archaeological sites different dynasties and rulers to thundering waterfalls, national parks, lakes and rich wildlife and cultural heritage, Chhattisgarh offers an astonishing merge of historical and natural beauty. Hill Stations of Chhatisgarh has enormous prospective to become one of the prime tourism destinations of India.
Chirmiri is one of the Chhattisgarh cities as a hill station. It is located in the Koriya district of the state of Chhattisgarh. The region is renowned for the coalmines that are situated in the town. Chirmiri has earned the position of being the second largest crane in the continent of Asia. The religiosity of the people of the city of Chirmiri is reflected in the temples constructed in the region. The city of Chirmiri is located in the geographical coordinates of 23 degrees 11 minutes and 60 seconds north latitude and 82 degrees 20 minutes and 60 seconds east longitude. The total population of the city stands at 93,366 people. The total population is segmented into 49,128 males and 44,238 females. The town has achieved a high literacy rate with 61,280 total literates in the town. The number of male literates is more than the female literates in the town. As compared to the female literate count of 24,640, the number of male literates is 36,640.
Ambikapur is a city in the Surguja district
of the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. It is one of the renowned hill stations of India. It is the district headquarters of Surguja, one of the oldest districts of Chhattisgarh. On 15th August 2011, two further districts, Surajpur and Balrampur were created out of Surguja district by the state Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh, along with eight other new districts. It is also the divisional headquarters of Surguja Division which consists of the five districts of Surguja district, Korea district, Balrampur district, Surajpur district and Jashpur district. It was the capital of the Princely state of Surguja before Indian Independence. The name of the city is derived from the goddess Ambika (Mahamaya) Devi, who is the central figure of worship in the area.
Bilaspur district is a district of the Chhattisgarh state of India. Bilaspur district offers the tourism sites based as the hill station. Bilaspur city is the headquarters of the district. As of 2011 it is the second most populous district of Chhattisgarh, after Raipur. The area which comprises present-day Bilaspur District
was under the control of the Bhonsla Rajas of Nagpur until 1818 and was governed by a Maratha Subaha. In 1818, the British started administering the area on behalf of the Raghuji III who was minor. The area was administered by a commissioner. In 1853, after the death of Raghuji III, British annexed the Nagpur Kingdom to British India as Nagpur Province, and in 1861 when the new Central Provinces was born; Bilaspur was organized into a separate district. In October 1903, a new province The Central Provinces and Berar was constituted and Bilaspur District became a part of the Chhattisgarh Division of the province. In October 1905, on transfer of Sambalpur District
to Bengal Province, Chandrapur-Padampur and Malkhurda estates were transferred to Bilaspur District. In 1906, when the Drug district (presently Durg District) was formed, a part of the Mungeli Tahsil was transferred to the new district. Also, another part of the district was transferred to the Raipur District. On 25th May 1998, the original Bilaspur District was split into 3 smaller districts, present Bilaspur, Korba and Janjgir-Champa.