Qualifications for Photography Courses
A candidate is required to pass their Higher Secondary or 10+2 examination for enrolment in a Diploma or Certificate course in photography.
Benefits of Photography Courses
A professional photographer can get job opportunities in advertising agencies, newspapers, fashion and design houses, news channels, industrial houses, government departments and various types of magazines. Advertisement agencies and industrial houses require photographers who can work on specific themes and take pictures of brochures, catalogues, product manuals, company layouts, newsletters etc. A photographer can also work as a freelancer on wildlife photography in Indiaand world, travel, wedding, sports and environmental photography.
Scope of Photography in India
A professional photographer can work as an advertisement photographer, industrial photographer, fashion photographer, fine arts photographer and forensic photographer or as a freelance photographer in India. A wide range of opportunities are available in India where people appoint professional photographers to cover weddings, birthdays, festivals, and many important private events. A freelance photographer can earn a lot by selling photographs to various journals, magazines, news channels and newspaper houses.
Some of the Indian institutions offering photography as a course are:
* Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan
* College Of Art, University of Delhi
* India International Photographic Council
* International School of Photography
* Mass communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia
* National Institute of Fashion Technology
* Academy for Photographic Excellence
* Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts & Communication
* Delhi School of Photography
* Garware Institute of Career Education and Development (GICE)
* JJ School of Applied Art
* J.D. Institute of Fashion Technology
* Xavier Institute of Communications
* Shari Academy of Photography and Digital Imaging
* Department of Continuing and Adult Education and Extension Work
* National Academy of Photography
* Academy of Photography, Rabindra Bharati University
* Ambitions 4 Photography Academy
* Shashikant School of Photography
* National Institute of Photography
* Vineye Photo School
* National Institute of Design (NID)
* Creative Hut
* Film and Television Institute of India
* Fergussen College
Other than these, there are a few other noteworthy institutes, such as:
* Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
* Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida
* Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal
* Jiwaji University, Government Model Science College, Gwalior
* Ravishankar University, Raipur
* National Institute of Design, Allahabad
* Mahatma GandhiKashi Vidyapith, Varanasi
* Bangalore School of Arts and Photography, Bengaluru
Details of Photography Courses
All these institutes provide various types of courses on photography. Some institutes specialise in authentic photography courses while some teach photography as a subsidiary subject. The duration of courses varies upon the type of course, ranging from 6 months to 3 years fro degree courses. The different types of courses offered are, Diploma in Photography, Fashion Photography, Professional Photography, Motion Picture Photography; Certificate Course in Basic Photography, Advanced Photography, Fashion Photography, Digital Photography and in Photo Journalism. There are a range of professional courses offered, which can be Part time & full time, with durations ranging from 7 days to 3 years.
* The Quick Photographic Technical Institute, in Thiruvananthapuram offers 1 year certificate course.
* The Ravishankar University in Raipur District offers Degree Course in photography to the aspirants.
* "Rupam" National Institute of Electronic Communication, which is affiliated to University of Rajasthan, in Jaipur, provides photography as a subsidiary subject.
* The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute (SRFTI), in Kolkata also offer Photography as a subsidiary subject.
* In the Southern Film Institute, Thiruvananthapuram students can opt for a 1 year certificate course.
* In the Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati, one year diploma in Still Photography is offered.
* Allahabad University, Uttar Pradesh also offers one year diploma in Still Photography.
* University of Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh provides the students with one year diploma in Still Photography)
* Utkal University, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa offers a full time 3 years Degree Course on photography.
|More ArticlesInstitutes for Photography Courses in India (3)|
Institutes for Photography Courses in India