(Last Updated on : 28/06/2012)
Sirmaur district is positioned in the southeastern corner of Himachal Pradesh. The place has three significant tourist locations- Nahan, Renuka Lake and Paonta Sahib. Sirmaur is legendary for its pilgrimages. Nahan serves as the district headquarters. It is a quaint town with temples, gardens and long, winding walking tracks. Paonta Sahib is the consecrated city, dedicated to the memory of Guru Gobind Singh, considered one of the most exclusive pilgrimages by the Sikhs. Renuka, a sanctified and pictorial lake, is one of the most breathtaking lakes in the shape of a sleeping woman. The main religions in Sirmaur comprise Hinduism and Islam. Other tourist destinations include Trilokpur Temple, Giri Nagar, Kafota, Gayatri Temple and Renuka Sanctuary.
Gayatri Temple, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Dedicated to the Goddess of Vedas, Gayatri Temple is enlaced with intricate carpentry.
Nagnauna Temple, Puruwalla Village, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Located amidst charming locales, Nagnauna Temple is powerfully linked to the erstwhile rulers of Sirmaur.
Trilokpur Temple, Trilokpur, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Built during the medieval era, Trilokpur Temple is noted as a fabled pilgrimage.
Jagannath Temple, Burra Chowk, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Consecrated to Lord Vishnu, Jagannath Temple possesses elaborate artwork, with ritualistic festivals drawing in thousands.
Patanjali Jyotirlinga Temple, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Legendary for its being built, Patanjali Jyotirlinga Temple also has numerous other temple constructions in its proximity.
Yamuna Temple, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Yamuna Temple is a prehistoric shrine, situated in Sirmaur district, Himachal Pradesh. It is placed immediately below Gurudwara Paonta Sahib. The temple is consecrated to Goddess Yamuna.
Katasan Devi Temple, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Highly deified by the local populace, Katasan Devi Temple played host to a warfare of religions.
Sirmaur Shiva Temple, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Lord Shiva presiding as the commanding deity, Sirmaur Shiva Temple is placed amongst heavenly environs.
Deothali, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Carrying enough historical importance, Deothali is the primary temple place with ample divine interventions.
Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Housing numerous sacred relics and weaponry of erstwhile times, Paonta Sahib is an exceedingly ancient shrine sanctified by the worshippers.
Shirigul Temple, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- A masterpiece in architectural work, Shirigul Temple houses Lord Shiva in the form of a colossal lingam.
Dei-Ka-Mandir, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Going back to long years, Dei-Ka-Mandir was erected to mollify Lord Ram.
Ram Temple, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Built in reminiscence of an emperor, Ram Temple also has a commanding fortress in its vicinity.
Shrine of Baba Garib Nath, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Reckoned as an extremely holy place of pilgrimage, Shrine of Baba Garib Nath offers a spectacular view of the surroundings.
Gurudwara Bhangani Sahib, Bhangani, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Constructed to memorialise Guru Gobind Singh's crusade against the oppressors, Gurudwara Bhangani Sahib is an esteemed place of worship.
Gurudwara Shergarh Sahib, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Legendary for being a spot of heroism, Gurudwara Shergarh Sahib idolises the 10th Guru of the Sikhs.
Gurudwara Tirgarh Sahib, Paonta Sahib, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Consecrated to Guru Gobind Singh, Gurudwara Tirgarh Sahib is sacred for the Sikh community throughout India.
Balasundari Temple, Trilokpur, Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh
- Built in the 16th century, Balasundari Temple was established out of a miraculous discovery by a believer.