(Last Updated on : 29/12/2014)
Mandi is the central district of Himachal Pradesh. The town Mandi is rich in history with distinguishing architecture. The district is also looked at as a primary transport hub of the state. Sundarnagar is one of the upcoming charming places in Mandi. The name Mandi has been derived from Mandavya Rishi, the district thus formed by amalgamating Mandi and Suket, the two former princely states. Mandi also possesses the remains of old palaces and celebrated examples of colonial construction. Mandi is dotted with a number of temples. The fusion of the contemporary style and the classical artistry of the various temples of Mandi make the district the place to witness the sheer religious splendor.
Kamaksha Devi Temple, Karsog, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Kamaksha Devi Temple is consecrated to Goddess Durga, a masterwork in architecture.
Mahunag Temple, Karsog, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Though saturated with legends, yet Mahunag Temple attracts local people for their sheer belief and faith.
Siddha Ganapati Temple, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-Dedicated to Lord Ganesha, Siddha Ganapati Temple is an ancient wonder.
Triloknath Temple, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-Erected by a Queen, Triloknath Temple houses the supreme power in Hinduism, Lord Shiva together with Goddess Parvati.
Shikari Devi Temple, Chindi, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Known to have been here since the time of the Pandavas, Shikari Devi Temple is outstanding in its construction.
Kamru Nag Temple, Kamrah Village, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-Kamru Nag Temple is located in Kamrah Village in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh. Placed atop the Kamru Hill, the temple stands amidst a dense forest. Going by custom, offerings to the deity are dropped into the nearby lake.
Bhootnath Temple, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Built in the hill style of architecture, Bhootnath Temple possesses exquisite engraving work.
Mamaleshwar Temple, Karsog-Chindi, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Equipped with an extraordinary feature within its premises, Mamaleshwar Temple is legendary for its masonry work.
Drigung Kagyud Gompa, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-Drigung Kagyud Gompa is situated on the right side of the Rewalsar Lake in Mandi district in Himachal Pradesh. In every arrival of the Tibetan New Year, Buddhists come to this holy monastery for pilgrimage.
Tashijong Gompa, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-Tashijong Gompa is situated 5km northwest of Baijnath. The monastery complex houses a number of halls jewelled with tangka paintings and woodcarvings. It is reachable from Palampur-Baijnath road. Pathankot is the nearest railhead.
Rewalsar Monastery, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Rewalsar Monastery has an Indo-Chinese approach in its development, placed amidst heavenly environs.
Tso-Pema Ogyen Heru-kai Gompa, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
-As is customary for Buddhist establishments, Tso-Pema Ogyen Heru-kai Gompa also houses ancient treasures in several forms.
Mahamaya Temple, Sundernagar, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Hallowed for its presiding deity as Goddess Shakti, Mahamaya Temple is remarkable for its approach path.
Batuka Bhairon Temple, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Noted as a respected shrine, Batuka Bhairon Temple houses the terrifying form of Lord Shiva.
Gurudwara Rewalsar, Rewalsar, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Built in reminiscence of the exceedingly venerated Sikh Guru, Gurudwara Rewalsar is the successful end product of ultimate faith.
Gurudwara Mandi, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh
- Consecrated to the 10th Guru of the Sikhs, Gurudwara Mandi treasures relics of the sage.