Mundargi, Gadag, Karnataka - Informative & researched article on Mundargi, Gadag, Karnataka
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Karnataka > Mundargi
Mundargi, Gadag, Karnataka
Mundargi is a panchayat town situated in the Gadag district of Karnataka.
 
 Mundargi is a panchayat town situated in the Gadag district of the southern state of India, Karnataka. It is southeast of Gadag at a distance of 36 km and in the southwest of Koppal at a distance of 50 km. Kuknur is situated at a distance of 15 km. The Hubli Airport is in the west at a distance of 87 km. and the nearest railway stations are the Gadag Junction Railway Station and Koppal Railway Station. Mundargi is renowned for pink granites of ornamental variety. Pink granites are used in the tile industry. An Ayurveda Medical College is located in Mundargi. The town is located between 15.22° North latitude and 75.9° East longitude at a height of 528 metres (1732 feet) above mean sea level.

As per the Indian Census report published in 2001, Mundargi had a population of 20,318. To be specific, males account for 52% of the population and females account for the remaining 48%. In Mudgal, 13% of the population is less than six years of age. The census report also gives an idea about the literacy rate of the town, which is 64%. It is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 74% and the female literacy rate is 53%.

(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Karnataka  (115)
 
Mysore  (24)
 
Hampi  (8)
 
 
Bijapur  (1)
 
Ullal  (1)
 
 
Byadgi  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Nipani  
 
 
 
 
Karwar  
 
Udupi  
 
Hassan  
 
Hospet  
 
Bidar  
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram is a combination of various enticing experiences including savouring of natural beauty, visiting the religious refuges and exploring the diverse aspects of the city.
Botanical Garden and Nature Park
Botanical Garden and Nature Park of Chandigarh shelters and nurtures enormous variety of plants and preserves the natural heritage of India. It is divided into fifteen sections where cultivation and conservation of different species are done.
Sriharikota Island
Sriharikota Island, also called Sriharikot is a barrier island off the coast of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
Kekaya
Kekaya is an ancient city, now Punjab
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary is the abode of a wide variety of Ladakhi animals and plants.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Mundargi, Gadag, Karnataka - Informative & researched article on Mundargi, Gadag, Karnataka
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.