Muddebihal, Bijapur, Karnataka - Informative & researched article on Muddebihal, Bijapur, Karnataka
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Karnataka > Muddebihal
Muddebihal, Bijapur, Karnataka
Muddebihal is a prominent town situated in Bijapur district of Karnataka.
 
 Muddebihal is a prominent town situated in Bijapur district of the southern state of India, Karnataka. Geographically, the town is located between 16.33° North latitude and 76.13° East longitude at an average elevation of 563 metres (1847 feet) above mean sea level. Muddebihal is located in the southeast of Bijapur, the district headquarters at a distance of 70 km. The state highway 41 and state highway 41A passes through the town. The surrounding towns are Nalatvad, Nidgundi and Tangadgi. The nearest railway stations are Bijapur Railway Station and Almatti Railway Station and the nearest airports are Belgaum Airport and Hubli Airport.

As per the Indian Census report published in 2001, Muddebihal had a population of 28, 235. Males account for 51% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 49%. In Muddebihal, 14% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Muddebihal is 67%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 75% and the female literacy rate is 58%.

A noted landmark of the place is Sri Yalguresh Devasthan, a temple renowned for its architecture.

(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Karnataka  (115)
 
Mysore  (24)
 
Hampi  (8)
 
 
Bijapur  (1)
 
Ullal  (1)
 
Hassan  
 
Hospet  
 
Bidar  
 
 
Belur  
 
 
 
Birur  
 
 
Byadgi  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Muddebihal, Bijapur, Karnataka - Informative & researched article on Muddebihal, Bijapur, Karnataka
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.