Mithapur, Jamnagar, Gujarat - Informative & researched article on Mithapur, Jamnagar, Gujarat
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Gujarat > Mithapur
Mithapur, Jamnagar, Gujarat
Mithapur is a ` census town` located in Jamnagar district of Gujarat.
 
 Mithapur is a ' census town' located in Jamnagar district of the western state of India, Gujarat. Located between Okha and Dwarka, Mithapur is in the south of Okha at a distance of 10 km. and north of Dwarka at a distance of 20 km. Geographically, the town is located between 22.24° North latitude and 69.00° East longitude at a height of 7 metres (22 feet) above mean sea level. It is spread over an area of 663 acres. The nearest airport is the Jamnagar Airport and the Mithapur Railway Station on the Okha - Bhatia rail route is the nearest railway station.

The Indian Census report of 2001 states, that Mithapur had a population of 13,558. Males account for 52% of the population and females constitute the remaining 48%. In Mithapur, 9% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also provides information about the literacy rate of the town, which is 78%. It is much higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate is 85% and the female literacy rate is 71%.

Mithapur is also a township privately owned by Tata Chemicals.

(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Gujarat  (91)
 
Junagadh  (2)
 
Udvada  (2)
 
Vadnagar  (2)
 
Vadodara  (1)
 
Bavla  
 
Bodeli  
 
 
Dhola  
 
Dholka  
 
 
Dhrol  
 
 
 
Mundra  
 
 
 
Anjar  
 
 
 
 
 
Okha  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Botad  
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram is a combination of various enticing experiences including savouring of natural beauty, visiting the religious refuges and exploring the diverse aspects of the city.
Botanical Garden and Nature Park
Botanical Garden and Nature Park of Chandigarh shelters and nurtures enormous variety of plants and preserves the natural heritage of India. It is divided into fifteen sections where cultivation and conservation of different species are done.
Sriharikota Island
Sriharikota Island, also called Sriharikot is a barrier island off the coast of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
Kekaya
Kekaya is an ancient city, now Punjab
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary is the abode of a wide variety of Ladakhi animals and plants.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Mithapur, Jamnagar, Gujarat - Informative & researched article on Mithapur, Jamnagar, Gujarat
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.