Mirganj, Bihar - Informative & researched article on Mirganj, Bihar
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Bihar > Mirganj
Mirganj, Bihar
Mirganj is a city located in the south of Gopalganj in the Gopalganj district of Bihar
 
 Mirganj is a city located in Gopalganj district of the eastern state of India, Bihar. It is well connected to the other towns and cities of the state via Siwan Junction Railway Station and the airport at Patna. Mirganj is located in the north of Siwan at a distance of 17 km and in the south of Gopalganj, the district headquarters at a distance of 17 km.

Detailed information about Mirganj is given in the Indian Census report of 2001. According to the report, Mirganj had a population of 23, 579. To be specific, males' account for 52% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 48%. In Mirganj, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The Census report also gives an idea about the literacy rate of Mirganj, which gives an idea about the status of the population. The average literacy rate of Mirganj has been enumerated to be 52%, which is lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 61% and the female literacy rate is 43%.

(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
More Articles in Cities of Bihar  (58)
 
Magadha  (2)
 
Nalanda  (1)
 
Kharagpur  (1)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Arrah  
 
 
Bagaha  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Behea  
 
Buxar  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dehri  
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram is a combination of various enticing experiences including savouring of natural beauty, visiting the religious refuges and exploring the diverse aspects of the city.
Botanical Garden and Nature Park
Botanical Garden and Nature Park of Chandigarh shelters and nurtures enormous variety of plants and preserves the natural heritage of India. It is divided into fifteen sections where cultivation and conservation of different species are done.
Sriharikota Island
Sriharikota Island, also called Sriharikot is a barrier island off the coast of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
Kekaya
Kekaya is an ancient city, now Punjab
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary is the abode of a wide variety of Ladakhi animals and plants.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Mirganj, Bihar - Informative & researched article on Mirganj, Bihar
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.