Merta , Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Merta , Rajasthan
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities Of Rajasthan > Merta
Merta , Rajasthan
Merta is a city situated in the Nagaur district of Rajasthan embellished with temples and palaces.
 
 Meera Bai TempleMerta city is situated in the Nagaur district of the western state of Indian, Rajasthan. Dotted with several temples and magnificent palaces, Merta is bounded by Mokala in the west, Kheduli in the north, Lampolai in the east and Dhanaria in the south. Ajmer and Jodhpur are easily accessible from Merta via roadways. The nearest airport is at Jodhpur and the Merta Road Junction Railway Station and the Merta City Railway Station are the nearest railway stations. Situated at an average elevation of 1026 feet, Pushkar is located to the west of Merta and at a distance of 80 kilometers from Nagaur.

The prime attractions around Merta include the Meera Bai Temple, which is four hundred years old, and the Aurangzeb Mosque. Bhanwal Matta Temple situated about 25 km from Merta is another major attraction.

The Indian Census report of 2001, states that Merta City had a population of 40,221. To be specific, males account for 53% of the population and females account for the remaining 47%. In Merta City, 16% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Merta city is 60%, which is slightly higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The male literacy rate of Merta City is 72% and the female literacy rate is 48%.

(Last Updated on : 24/01/2009)
More Articles in Cities Of Rajasthan  (178)
 
Udaipur  (23)
 
 
Ajmer  (9)
 
Jaisalmer  (9)
 
 
Jodhpur  (7)
 
Bundi  (6)
 
Alwar  (6)
 
Bikaner  (6)
 
Pushkar  (5)
 
Kota  (4)
 
 
Osian  (3)
 
Mandawa  (2)
 
Nawalgarh  (2)
 
Fatehpur  (1)
 
Sirohi  (1)
 
Jhalawar  (1)
 
 
 
Merta  
 
 
Nainwa  
 
 
Niwai  
 
Nohar  
 
Mewar  
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram
Tourism in Thiruvananthapuram is a combination of various enticing experiences including savouring of natural beauty, visiting the religious refuges and exploring the diverse aspects of the city.
Botanical Garden and Nature Park
Botanical Garden and Nature Park of Chandigarh shelters and nurtures enormous variety of plants and preserves the natural heritage of India. It is divided into fifteen sections where cultivation and conservation of different species are done.
Sriharikota Island
Sriharikota Island, also called Sriharikot is a barrier island off the coast of the southern state of Andhra Pradesh.
Kekaya
Kekaya is an ancient city, now Punjab
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary
Noorichan Wildlife Sanctuary is the abode of a wide variety of Ladakhi animals and plants.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Merta , Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Merta , Rajasthan
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.