Maholi, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Maholi, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Uttar Pradesh > Maholi
Maholi, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh
Maholi is a small town situated in Sitapur district of Uttar Pradesh.
 
 Maholi is a small town situated in Sitapur district of the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. Situated on the NH 24, this town is located close to the Kheri district border. It is just 14 km. south of Maikalganj. It is surrounded by the towns of Baragaon, Hempur, Qutubnagar and Ramkot. Geographically, the town is located between 27.67° North latitude and 80.47° East longitude at a height of 144 metres (472 feet) above mean sea level. The nearest airport is the Amausi Airport and the nearest railway station is the Maholi Railway Station on the Bareilly-Lucknow rail route. Lucknow the state capital is located at a distance of 105 km. and is well connected to Maholi.

It is imperative to know the demography of the town in order to have an idea about the status of the population. The Indian Census report published in 2001 states that Maholi had a population of 18,406. Males constitute 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Maholi, 16% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Maholi is 61%, which is just slightly higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%.

Naimisaranya and Mishrit are major tourist destinations in the vicinity.

(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Uttar Pradesh  (223)
 
Varanasi  (20)
 
Mathura  (1)
 
Agra  (1)
 
Kausambi  (1)
 
Kanpur  (1)
 
Faridabad  (1)
 
Ghaziabad  (1)
 
Deogarh  (1)
 
Bareilly  (1)
 
 
Etawah  
 
 
 
 
Gohand  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Maholi, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Maholi, Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.