Marehra, Etah, Uttar Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Marehra, Etah, Uttar Pradesh
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Uttar Pradesh > Marehra
Marehra, Etah, Uttar Pradesh
Marehra is a prominent city situated in the Etah district of Uttar Pradesh famous for plums, mangoes and glass bangles.
 
 Marehra is a prominent city situated in the Etah district of the northern state of India, Uttar Pradesh. It is situated in the northwestern part of the district. It is situated in the south of Etah, the district headquarters at a distance of 15 kms. It is well connected to the nearby towns of Kachaura, Gangiri, Marahchi and Pilwa by road. The nearest railway station is the Marehra Railway Station, a small station between Sikandra Rao and Kasganj. The nearest airport is the Agra Civil Enclaves.

Marehra is famous for plums, mangoes and glass bangles. The agricultural market town of Kasganj is a center of cotton and sugar processing and lies in the north of Marehra at a distance of 12 kms. The renowned Sufi Syeds were settled in Marehra. Prime attractions around Marehra include Soron and Patna Bird Sanctuary.

As per the Indian Census report of 2001, Marehra had a population of 17,772. To be specific, males account for 53% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 47%. In Marehra, 18% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Marehra is 40%, which is lower than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 49% and the female literacy rate is 30%.

(Last Updated on : 03/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Uttar Pradesh  (223)
 
Varanasi  (20)
 
Mathura  (1)
 
Agra  (1)
 
Kausambi  (1)
 
Kanpur  (1)
 
Faridabad  (1)
 
Ghaziabad  (1)
 
Deogarh  (1)
 
Bareilly  (1)
 
 
Etawah  
 
 
 
 
Gohand  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Marehra, Etah, Uttar Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Marehra, Etah, Uttar Pradesh
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.