Madathukulam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu - Informative & researched article on Madathukulam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Tamil Nadu > Madathukulam
Madathukulam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Madathukulam is a `panchayat town` located in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu.
 
 Madathukulam is a `panchayat town` located in the Coimbatore district of the southern state of India, Tamil Nadu. Infact it is located on the border of the Coimbatore and Dindigul districts. Spread over an area of 10 sq. km. it is at a distance of 60 km. from the district headquarters town, Coimbatore. The nearest airport is the C A Coimbatore Airport and the nearest major railway stations are Pollachi Junction Railway Station and Coimbatore Junction Railway Station. The towns of Anamalai, Perur, Maivadi, Udumalpet, Pollachi, Gudimangalam, Palladam and Thungavi surround Madathukulam. The Amaravathi River flows through this town.

As per the 2001 India Census report, Madathukulam had a population of 20,212. Males account for 51% of the population and females comprises of the remaining 49%. In Madathukulam, 10% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Madathukulam is 70%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 78% and the female literacy rate is 62%.

(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Tamil Nadu  (275)
 
Madurai  (9)
 
Thanjavur  (8)
 
Coimbatore  (3)
 
Trichy  (2)
 
 
 
Kumbakonam  (1)
 
Salem  (1)
 
 
 
 
Dindigul  (1)
 
Erode  (1)
 
 
 
Dusi  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eral  
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Madathukulam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu - Informative & researched article on Madathukulam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.