Laundi, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Laundi, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities of Madhya Pradesh > Laundi
Laundi, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
Laundi is a `panchayat town` situated in the Chhatarpur District of Madhya Pradesh.
 
 Laundi is a `panchayat town` situated in the Chhatarpur District of the central state of India, Madhya Pradesh. It is about 35 km away from Chhatarpur and 34 km. from the temple town of Khajuraho. The Urmil and Kail Rivers flow through this town. The Civil Airport Khajuraho and Harpalpur Railway Station located nearby, links it to some major towns and cities of Madhya Pradesh.

According to the India Census Report of 2001 the population of Laundi has been enumerated to be 20,186. To be specific, males account for 54% of the population and females account for the remaining 46%. In Laundi, 16% of the population is less than six years of age. The census report also throws light on the literacy rate of the town, which is 61%. The literacy rate of the town is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. Out of it, the male literacy rate is 69% and the female literacy rate is 52%. Major tourist attractions in the vicinity include Ken Gharial Sanctuary, Pandava Waterfall, and Shilpgram, which are easily accessible from Laundi.

(Last Updated on : 02/02/2009)
More Articles in Cities of Madhya Pradesh  (112)
 
Ujjain  (3)
 
Indore  (2)
 
 
Mandu  (1)
 
Pachmarhi  (1)
 
Jabalpur  (1)
 
 
 
 
Joura  
 
 
 
Laundi  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mihona  
 
 
Kannod  
 
 
Karera  
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Laundi, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh - Informative & researched article on Laundi, Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.