Lakheri, Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Lakheri, Rajasthan
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities Of Rajasthan > Lakheri
Lakheri, Rajasthan
Lakheri is a town in Bundi district of Rajasthan well known for its rich limestone deposits.
 
 Lakheri, RajasthanLakheri is a small settlement situated in Bundi district of the western state of India, Rajasthan. Geographically the town is located between 25.67 degree North latitude and 76.17 degree East longitude at an altitude of 227 metres (744 feet) above mean sea level. The nearest access points are the Lakheri Railway Station and the nearest airport is at Jaipur, Rajasthan">Sanganer.

The city has a rich limestone deposit which makes it the ideal location for cement factories. The city has one of the oldest cement factories in the state. The primary occupation of the people living here is agriculture as the town is encompassed with lush agricultural lands.

The Indian Census report, which came out in 2001 states that Lakheri had a population of 26910. To be specific, males` account for 52% of the population while the females` account for the remaining 48%. In Lakheri, 14% of the population is less than six years of age.

The average literacy rate of Lakheri is 64%, which is higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. The high literacy rate of the town is also an indication of development. The male literacy rate is 77% and the female literacy rate is 50%.

(Last Updated on : 05/07/2014)
More Articles in Cities Of Rajasthan  (178)
 
Udaipur  (23)
 
 
Jaisalmer  (9)
 
Ajmer  (9)
 
 
Jodhpur  (7)
 
Bundi  (6)
 
Alwar  (6)
 
Bikaner  (6)
 
Pushkar  (5)
 
Kota  (4)
 
 
Osian  (3)
 
Mandawa  (2)
 
Nawalgarh  (2)
 
Fatehpur  (1)
 
Sirohi  (1)
 
Jhalawar  (1)
 
Jobner  
 
 
 
Ladnu  
 
Lalsot  
 
 
Kekri  
 
 
 
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Balarampur
Balrampur is a religious city famous for its association with Buddhist and Jain places.
Hundur
Hundur is a remote village in Nubra valley. It is famous for its entity of Bactrian camels that indicates its days of the old Trans-Karokaram ranges.
Udupi
Udupi is a city of Karnataka state which is the origin of the renowned Udupi cuisine. The place is also recognized as an educational and medical hub.
History of Ullal
History of Ullal, in Karnataka, can be traced back to the 15th century when the reign of Portuguese was prominent. Later the region was ruled by a Jain Queen Rani Abbakka Devi, who was an exemplary of women’s liberation in India.
Ullal
Ullal is an ancient town of Karnataka which boasts its glorious past through the relics of ancient monuments. It also hosts an exquisite beach cherished by the tourists for its natural beauty.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Lakheri, Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Lakheri, Rajasthan
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.