Ladnu, Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Ladnu, Rajasthan
 Indianetzone: Largest Free Encyclopedia of India with thousand of articlesIndian Cities


in  
 Art & Culture|Entertainment|Health|Reference|Sports|Society|Travel
Forum  | Free E-magazine  | RSS Feeds  
States of India|Indian Cities|Beaches of India|Hill Stations in India|Forests in India
Home > Travel > Indian Cities > Cities of India > Cities Of Rajasthan > Ladnu
Ladnu, Rajasthan
Ladnu is a city in Nagaur district of Rajasthan and a Jain heritage site.
 
 Ladnu is a city situated in Nagaur District in the western Indian state of Rajasthan. It is situated in the south of Sujangarh at a distance of 11 km. It is located northwest of Jaipur, the state capital at a distance of 225 km. and in the west of Delhi at a distance of 380 km. The nearest access points are the airports at Jaipur and Jodhpur and the Ladnu Railway Station on the Didwana Ratangarh rail route.

The 2001 India Census report states that Ladnu had a population of 57, 047. Males comprises of 51% of the population and females account for the remaining 49%. In Ladnu, 17% of the population is less than six years of age. The average literacy rate of Ladnu is 60%, which is slightly higher than the national average literacy rate, which is 59.5%. To be specific, the male literacy rate is 71% and the female literacy rate is 49%. Ladnu is a popular religious destination as it is a Jain pilgrimage site in Rajasthan. The Ladnu sarees are also very famous in India.

(Last Updated on : 03/12/2008)
More Articles in Cities Of Rajasthan  (178)
 
Udaipur  (23)
 
 
Jaisalmer  (9)
 
Ajmer  (9)
 
 
Jodhpur  (7)
 
Bundi  (6)
 
Alwar  (6)
 
Bikaner  (6)
 
Pushkar  (5)
 
Kota  (4)
 
 
Osian  (3)
 
Mandawa  (2)
 
Nawalgarh  (2)
 
Fatehpur  (1)
 
Sirohi  (1)
 
Jhalawar  (1)
 
Jobner  
 
 
 
Ladnu  
 
Lalsot  
 
 
Kekri  
 
 
 
 
 
Recently Updated Articles in Indian Cities
Warangal
Warangal is located in Telangana and is famous for its beautiful lakes, temples and wildlife and the archaeological areas of Kakatiya Dynasty.
Virajpet
Virajpet, the second town in Kodagu District of Karnataka is famous to the people for its presence of the number of temples.
Somwarpet
Somwarpet is a panchayat town in Kodagu District of Karnataka, famous for a large number of tourist’s destinations of nature and pilgrimage importance.
Aluva
Aluva is a town and the sub urban region of Kerala. It is one of the most widely acclaimed monsoon destinations in Kerala.
Yercaud Hill station
Yercaud is a fascinating hill station of Tamil Nadu, situated about 8 kms from Salem.
E-mail this Article | Post a Comment
Forum
Forum on Indian Cities
Free E-magazine
Subscribe to Free E-Magazine on Travel
 
 
Ladnu, Rajasthan - Informative & researched article on Ladnu, Rajasthan
Sitemap
Contact Us   |   RSS Feeds
Copyright © 2008 Jupiter Infomedia Ltd. All rights reserved including the right to reproduce the contents in whole or in part in any form or medium without the express written permission of
Jupiter Infomedia Ltd.