There are mosques in North Goa, which represent the idea of unity in diversity so very eloquently. The folowing mosques are there in North Goa:
This mosque is situated at 26 kms away from Margao at Sanguem. This is built in the last century whereas this Jama Masjid was completely renovated in 1959. The new structure is remarkable for its harmonious proportions and elegant simplicity. It has four towers whilst two elegant towers surmounted by pillared kiosks flank the entrance. A dome shaped stand rises in the centre of the towers. Festivals are celebrated here with due solemnity by the rejoicing devotees and every year they celebrated it with great joy.
Safa Masjid at Ponda:
In 1560 Ibrahim Adilshah of Bijapur built The Shahouri Masjid in Ponda Taluka, which is the biggest and most famous of the Mosques. Adjacent to the Mosque there is a well-constructed masonry tank with small chambers with `meharab` designs. The Mosque and the tank were formerly surrounded by an extensive garden with many fountains. The two major festivals Id-Ul-Fitr and Id-Ul-Zuha are celebrated at this mosque with great pomp and are attended by a large number of people every year.